· The theft of $1,500 from 1403 S. Potomac St., Hagerstown, was reported at 6:27 p.m.
· A wooden fence at 100 Ambers Way in Smithsburg was damaged, reported at 5:10 p.m.
· A home at 17600 Snyder's Landing Road was entered, reported at 4:24 p.m.
· A John Deere snowblower was taken from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1253 Mount Aetna Road, reported at 7:22 a.m.
· At 8:23 a.m., malicious destruction of property was reported at the Four Points Sheraton on Dual Highway. A window was broken out of a 1983 Ford van.
· At 1:36 p.m., an attempted breaking and entering was reported in the 700 block of John Brown Lane. Someone tried to pry open a door.
· At 3:21 p.m., malicious destruction of property was reported in the unit block of North Conococheague Street in Williamsport. A tire was slashed.
· At 5:38 p.m., shoplifting was reported at Food Lion at 18717 North Pointe Drive. More than $100 in items were taken from the store.
· At 7:15 p.m., a theft was reported at the Red Barron mattress warehouse on South Conococheague Street in Williamsport. Fuel was taken from a truck.
· At 7:57 p.m., a theft was reported at Sears at Valley Mall. Kitchen items were taken.
Hagerstown police respond to calls
The Hagerstown Police Department responded to the following calls recently:
· A missing person from the 300 block of Jefferson St., was reported returned at 9:30 a.m.
· A wallet was stolen or lost from 17850 Garland Groh Blvd., reported at 11:31 a.m.
· Maryland tag LYX557 reported stolen at 4:30 p.m.
· A maroon Torker scooter was found at 547 Salem Ave., reported at 5:58 p.m.
· The theft and recovery of a gas can, reported stolen from 1429 Hamilton Blvd., at 3:12 p.m., and reported recovered a few minutes later at 1437 Hamilton Blvd. at 3:35 p.m.
· A domestic violence call at 542 Washington Ave., at 10:14 p.m. led to second-degree assault charges against a Hagerstown man.
· The theft of a cell phone from 701 Northern Ave., reported at 2:17 p.m.
· Theft of a jacket from a jacket from 230 Railway Lane.
Waynesboro student faces drug possession count
WAYNESBORO, Pa. - A student at Waynesboro Area Senior High School was charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana after school personnel allegedly found the drug in the girl's purse Tuesday afternoon, according to a Waynesboro Police Department press release.
Emily Houck, 18, of 231 S. Potomac St., was searched when discovered going through lockers during gym class, police said.
Police investigate theft of power tools in Warfordsburg
McCONNELLSBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police troopers on Thursday were investigating the theft last week of power tools from Sheeder Construction Inc. in Warfordsburg, Pa.
At some point between Feb. 18 and 21, someone cut a lock of a trailer and took power tools, according to a state police press release.
Anyone with information on the incident may call Pennsylvania State Police in McConnellsburg at 717-485-3131.
Martinsburg family displaced by blaze
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - A family of six was displaced Thursday afternoon when a fire damaged their home, Martinsburg Fire Department Capt. Eddie Gochenour said.
No one was home at the time of the 1:52 p.m. fire at the home at 703 S. Raleigh St., Gochenour said. The apparent cause of the fire was an iron left on in a rear upstairs bedroom, he said.
Flames were coming from the bedroom when firefighters arrived, but it was quickly brought under control, Gochenour said. Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour, he said.
Gochenour said damage to the house was about $10,000.
The American Red Cross was called in to help find temporary housing for the family, who rented the house, he said.