Advertisement

Waynesboro Hospital locked down after threatening note found

February 19, 2008|By JENNIFER FITCH

WAYNESBORO, Pa. - Waynesboro Hospital administrators, working with local police, placed the hospital into lockdown Sunday, after a security guard discovered a threatening note written on a napkin and left in a third-floor bathroom sink, according to Waynesboro Police Chief Ray Shultz.

The threat "was not directed toward anybody in specific, not addressed toward anyone in specific," Shultz said.

Police were continuing their investigation Monday afternoon and believed the note had been left in the bathroom within an hour of its 10:40 a.m. discovery. That belief stemmed from interviews with employees who said they had not seen it earlier, Shultz said.

"Hospital personnel, along with our department, did a search of the building. We also checked security cameras and did not find anything suspicious," Shultz said.

The threat was written on a white napkin from McDonald's, according to Shultz.

"It was dated 2/15/08," he said.

Waynesboro Hospital's chief operating officer, Ken Shur, referred calls to the public relations department of Summit Health. Messages left for the public relations department were not returned.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|