Advertisement

Fire damage to Hancock home

February 03, 2008

HANCOCK -- No one was injured Saturday morning in a house fire on North Pennsylvania Avenue, according to a press release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Authorities believe an oil-fueled furnace in the home at 259 N. Pennsylvania Ave. malfunctioned and ignited nearby combustibles in the first-floor living room.

Damages were estimated at about $50,000, the fire marshal said.

The family was displaced by the fire and is being assisted by relatives, the fire marshal said.

Fifty-five firefighters from Hancock, Clear Spring and Williamsport in Washington County, Orleans in Allegany County, Needmore, Pa., and Berkeley Springs, W.Va., responded, the fire marshal said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|