· At 1:30 p.m., malicious destruction of property was reported in the 700 block of Interval Road. A window was broken out of a truck and two tires on a car were flattened.
PlayStation, games, controllers stolen in Greencastle
GREENCASTLE, Pa. - A PlayStation 3 was stolen Friday from a home in the first block of East Baltimore Street, Greencastle Police said in a news release.
Also missing were three PlayStation controllers, an electric cable wire for video gaming in high-definition, and the video game "Madden 08" for PlayStation, police said. The stolen items were valued at $896, police said. The burglary occurred between 8:30 a.m. and 6:10 p.m., police said.
Virginia woman was victim of fatal crash on U.S. 15
POINT OF ROCKS, Md. - Police released the name Wednesday of the driver killed in a Tuesday afternoon collision with a tractor-trailer on U.S. 15.
Jennifer Ballard Koch, 47, of Haymarket, Va. was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, Maryland State Police in Frederick said.
Koch was driving south on U.S. 15 in a Ford minivan when southbound traffic began to slow near the intersection with Md. 464, police said. The driver of a Buick passenger car behind the minivan failed to control its speed and struck the rear of the minivan, forcing it into the path of an oncoming tractor trailer, police said.
The driver of the Buick, Akram Ali Abutaa, 19, of Asburn, Va., was charged with failure to control speed to avoid a collision and negligent driving, police said.
Driver loses control, strikes guardrail in Fulton County
McCONNELLSBURG, Pa. - A driver lost control on an icy roadway Saturday morning and hit a guardrail, Pennsylvania State Police said in a news release.
The driver was not injured in the crash, which happened at about 6:53 a.m. on Peach Orchard Road about half a mile from Breezy Point Road in Licking Creek Township, police said.
Hagerstown police respond to incidents
Hagerstown police responded to the following incidents, according to spokeswoman Barbara Pickett:
· At 2:36 a.m., the theft of gasoline was reported at Sheetz on East Washington Street.
· At 7:52 a.m., a satellite radio and binoculars were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Chestnut Street.
· At 9:07 a.m., theft from a vehicle was reported in the 800 block of Chestnut Street.
· At 10:20 a.m., the theft of gasoline was reported at Sheetz on South Potomac Street.
· At 1:30 p.m., damage to a vehicle's windshield was reported at South Hagerstown High School at 1101 S. Potomac St.
· At 3:48, burglary and theft were reported in the 400 block of North Prospect Street. Shoes were reported stolen.