· At 4:51 p.m., a cell phone was reported stolen from the 1200 block of Pennsylvania Avenue.
· At 7:53 p.m. Maryland license plate No. 402M720 was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Marshall Street.
· At 8:43 p.m., a white 1999 Ford Crown Victoria with Maryland license plate No. 3BNK83 was reported stolen from the 400 block of South Potomac Street.
· At 8:27 a.m., an assault was reported in the 400 block of McDowell Avenue.
· At 11:08 a.m., PlayStation Portable games were reported stolen from the 900 block of Concord Avenue.
· At noon, damage to the roof of a vehicle was reported in the 200 block of South Potomac Street
· At 12:03 p.m., food was reported stolen from ALDI at 565 Dual Highway.
· At 1:08 p.m., jewelry was reported stolen from the 100 block of South Mulberry Street.
· At 1:20 p.m., tools were reported stolen from the 700 block of Frederick Street.
n At 1:24 p.m., plates were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of West Side Avenue. They were Maryland registration 210564M.
· At 3:26 p.m., personal items were reported stolen at Weis at 31 N. Eastern Blvd. Matthew Paul Mittong, 25, of Bealeton, Va., was charged with theft under $500.
Vehicles broken into and damaged in Smithsburg
SMITHSBURG - Several vehicles were broken into and damaged Wednesday in the 22000 block of Cavetown Church Road, Washington County Sheriff's Department Lt. Mark Knight said. The incident was reported at 11 a.m.
Money stolen from Greencastle restaurant
GREENCASTLE, Pa. - A burglary at the Homestyle Family Restaurant was discovered Wednesday at 5:30 a.m. and reported to the Greencastle Police Department.
Someone entered the restaurant at 26 N. Antrim Way through the back of the building and took an undisclosed amount of money from the office, cash register and several containers collecting money for charities.
Police are asking anyone with information to call 717-597-2161.
Pa. woman injured in U.S. 11 crash
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A Fort Loudon, Pa., woman was taken to the hospital after a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 11 at about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday, Pennsylvania State Police said in a news release.
Donna Wenger, 50, was leaving from a stopped position on Kriner Road attempting to cross U.S. 11 in a Jeep Liberty when she collided with a Chevrolet Trailblazer traveling north on U.S. 11, police said. Both vehicles were towed from the scene, and Wenger was taken to Chambersburg Hospital, police said.
Wenger was not listed at Chambersburg hospital Thursday night, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Tools, car stereo and muffler stolen
SCOTLAND, Pa. - Someone broke into a locked vehicle left at a park and ride overnight and took tools, a car stereo and a muffler, Pennsylvania State Police said in a news release.
The theft took place between 7:45 p.m. Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the park and ride at Rocky Mountain Road and Lincoln Way East in Greene Township, police said.
Anyone with information may contact Pennsylvania State Police in Chambersburg at 717-264-5161.
Front door of gas company is damaged
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - Someone damaged the front door window of Valley National Gasses on Lincoln Way East in Chambersburg Tuesday night, Pennsylvania State Police said in a news release.
The damage occurred between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 2:51 a.m. Wednesday, police said.