Berkeley County had 60,065 people registered to vote, Woodfall said. Jefferson County had 32,159 registered voters, and Morgan County had 10,643, deputy clerks there said.
Eastern Panhandle residents have until April 22 to register to vote in the May primary election.
According to the Secretary of State's office and voter registration offices in Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties, the following had filed precandidacy forms by Friday. A precandidacy filing allows individuals to accept campaign contributions or spend money for their election. Federal candidates adhere to a different set of rules.
· Klaus Heitmann, 50, Mountain Party, 143 Confederate Drive, Martinsburg
· Anthony J. "Tony" Petrucci, 47, Democrat, 59 Collins Drive, Martinsburg
· Steven Charles Teufel, 48, Republican, 802 Honeysuckle Drive, Martinsburg
· Kenneth M. Lemaster Jr., 52, Democrat, 508 Lilac Lane, Martinsburg
· Richard Lee Steerman Sr., 64, Democrat, 1882 Mouth of Opequon Road, Martinsburg
· Geraldine R. Herbert, 51, Democrat, 71 Rural Retreat Drive, Ranson, W.Va.
Board of Education (nonpartisan)
· Buster Nicholson, 38, 252 New Castle Drive, Charles Town, W.Va.
· Frank Kubic, 81, Republican, 98 Avon Bend Road, Charles Town (Kabletown district)
· Steven Pace, 34, Democrat, 490 Oregon Trail, Harpers Ferry, W.Va. (Harpers Ferry district)
· Lyn Widmyer, 59, Democrat, 1434 Cattail Run Road, Charles Town (Harpers Ferry district)
· Ralph A. Lorenzetti Jr., 60, Democrat, 161 Clark Court, Harpers Ferry
· Louis Brunswick, 60, Democrat, 66 Pigtail Lane, Kearneysville, W.Va.
· Bernard B. Parrish Sr., 39, Independent, 621 General Early Drive, Harpers Ferry
· Robert Shirley, 56, Democrat, 567 Hidden Hollow Drive, Kearneysville
· James E. Watson III, 53, Republican, 505 S. Mildred St., Ranson
· Glen R. Stotler, 55, Republican, 706 Monte Vista Lane, Berkeley Springs, W.Va.
House of Delegates
· Daryl E. Cowles, 37, Republican, 2612 Martinsburg Road, Berkeley Springs (51st District)
· Craig Blair, 48, Republican, 47 Wasser Drive, Martinsburg (52nd District)
· Kenneth Mattson, 37, Democrat, 587 Tablers Station Road, Inwood, W.Va. (52nd District)
· Jonathan Miller, 23, Republican, P.O. Box 566, Bunker Hill, W.Va. (53rd District)
· Walter E. Duke, 60, Republican, 112 Tavern Road, Martinsburg (54th District)
· John Overington, 61, Republican, 491 Hoffman Road, Martinsburg (55th District)
· John Doyle, 65, Democrat, P.O. Box 1607, Shepherdstown, W.Va. (57th District)
· Clark S. Barnes, 57, Republican, 1105 Harrison Ave., Elkins, W.Va. (15th District)
· Mike Ross, 70, Democrat, Box 219, Coalton, W.Va. (15th District)
· Bob Adams, age unavailable, Republican, 261 Falcon Ridge Drive, Charles Town (16th District)
· Archibald Magill Smith Morgan, 64, Republican, P.O. Box 130, Rippon, W.Va. (16th District)
· Herbert S. Snyder, 54, Democrat, P.O. Box 400, Shenandoah Junction, W.Va. (16th District)
23rd Judicial Circuit
· Gina Marie Groh, 43, Democrat, Charles Town
Republican Ronald Jean Moltere, 64, of 45 Carter Lane in Harpers Ferry, had filed precandidacy forms for the 16th District State Senate race, but announced his withdrawal as a candidate Thursday.