MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - A Friday afternoon fire caused about $100,000 in damage to a ranch-style brick house near Woodbrier Country Club north of Martinsburg, officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze at 190 Topflite Drive, said Andrew DeHaven, chief of the Bedington (W.Va.) Volunteer Fire Department.
Ronald Devall was listed as the owner of the home. His adult son was home when the fire started, but was not injured, DeHaven said.
DeHaven said the fire appeared to be accidental, and determined it began in a bedroom area of the home sometime before firefighters were dispatched at 1:57 p.m.