Advertisement

Three residents rescued from Clear Spring group home fire

December 03, 2007

CLEAR SPRING - Three elderly residents of a group home on the 13900 block of Spickler Road had to be rescued by firefighters but were not injured in a Saturday night fire.

Called in at 7:50 p.m., the fire is believed to have started in a pan of oil on a stove in the basement kitchen, Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Department Deputy Chief Warren Royce said. The fire damage was limited to the basement, but there was smoke damage throughout the first floor, he said.

Firefighters from Maugansville, Williamsport and Halfway, along with the Washington County Special Operations Unit, went to the scene, Royce said. The last units left shortly after 10 p.m., he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|