Following are some of the provisions of the expense policies for the Washington County Commissioners, the Washington County Board of Education and the Hagerstown City Council.
Washington County Commissioners
· Annual limit of $2,000 per commissioner.
· Mileage paid at federal reimbursement rate (at time of MACo, 48.5 cents per mile).
· Lodging must be "standard room at nonluxury hotel."
· Meals reimbursed at maximum of $65 per day.
· Alcohol cannot be listed as an expense.
· The policy requires employees to submit receipts for all expenses when possible.
· County employees are required to report their expenses within two weeks of the end of a trip.
· Hotel rooms should be "a standard room at a nonluxury hotel."