· Scents and Sweets Competition & Exhibit in which amateur and professional bakers and florists create gingerbread houses and floral centerpieces with a holiday theme. 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28. Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center, 40 S. Carroll St., Frederick. Free. Call 301-600-2841.
· Kris Kringle Procession with dance troupes, carolers, holiday characters and Kris Kringle. 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30. Starts at corner of East Street and West Patrick Street and ends at Baker Park band shell with closing ceremony and lighting of city tree, Frederick. Free.
· Weinberg Winterfest with singalong to the Wurlitzer organ. Santa and Mrs. Claus present. 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. Weinberg Center for the Arts, 20 W. Patrick St., Frederick. Free with food or cash donation for Frederick Community Action Agency. Call 301-600-2828.
· Maryland Regional Ballet presents "The Nutcracker" 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, and Saturday, Dec. 8. 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and Sunday, Dec. 9. $11 to $25. Weinberg Center for the Arts, Frederick. Call 301-600-2828.
· "A Christmas Carol" adaptation, Various hours, Friday, Dec. 14, to Sunday, Dec. 16. Maryland Ensemble Theatre performance at Weinberg Center for the Arts, Frederick. Tickets are $10 to $20. Call 301-600-2828.
· "Wreck the Halls" improv/sketch holiday-themed comedy show by The Comedy Pigs. 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays from Dec. 15 to Jan. 5. Maryland Ensemble Theatre, corner of West Patrick and North Court streets, Frederick. $15. Call 301-694-4744 or go to www.marylandensemble.org.
· "Messiah" singalong with Frederick Chamber Singers, orchestra and soloists. 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18. $12, adults; $10, seniors and students. Weinberg Center for the Arts, Frederick. Call 301-600-2828.
Franklin County, Pa.
· Waynesboro's 51st annual Christmas Parade with Santa's arrival, 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. On West Main Street, starting at CV Avenue and heading east to Waynesboro Shopping Center.
· Chambersburg holiday parade, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Santa arrives at parade's end to light Christmas tree on the Memorial Square.
· Marie Osmond's The Magic of Christmas, 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30, at the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa. Costs $25 to $45. Call 717-477-7469 or go to www.luhrscenter.com.
· Waynesboro tree lighting. 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, on the square. Entertainment. Santa arrives at 6:30 p.m. to light the trees.
· Chambersburg Ballet Theatre Company performs "The Nutcracker," 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, at The Capitol Theatre, 159 S. Main St., Chambersburg. $18, adults; $15, seniors; $10 students 12 and younger; $5, ages 5 and younger. Call theater box office, 717-263-0202.
· Mercersburg Area Community Chorus holiday concerts, 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1; and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Mercersburg Academy Chapel. Full orchestra and 130-member chorus perform selection's from George Handel's "Messiah," Sergei Rachmaninoff's "Vespers," and holiday carols. Free. Call 717-328-2324.
· "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Chambersburg Community Theatre at The Capitol Theatre, 159 S. Main St., Chambersburg. 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, to Saturday, Dec. 8; 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, to Sunday, Dec. 9. $10, adults; $5, children. Call 717-263-0202.
· Candle Night in downtown Chambersburg, 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. Participating stores will stay open until at least 9 p.m. with some offering sales, special events or refreshments. One thousand luminarias will line Main Street. Carolers and brass band will tour downtown.
· Renfrew Museum's Christmas Open House, 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, and 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Live music in the evenings includes Penn National Singers and handbell choir. Storytelling 7 to 8 p.m. Saturday. Christmas caroling at smokehouse in evenings. 1010 E. Main St., Waynesboro. Call 717-762-4723.