· HCC Chorus Christmas Show, 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, HCC's Kepler Theater. Free.
· Holiday Open House at Washington County Rural Heritage Museum and Village, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and Sunday, Dec. 9, 7313 Sharpsburg Pike. Features Santa in an authentic sleigh for picture-taking, children's workshop and craft area to make and take decorations home, display of antique Santa postcards, quilt show and raffle. Refreshments. Free; donations welcome. Call 240-313-2839 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Civil War-era music and holiday music. Sunday, Dec. 9, Town Museum of Williamsport. Performers include fiddle player. Refreshments. Open 1 to 4 p.m. with music at 2 p.m. Free. Museum is in Springfield Farm Barn on Springfield Lane off U.S. 11.
· Candlelight walk at Rose Hill Cemetery with luminaria, tree lighting and refreshments. 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14. 600 S. Potomac St., Hagerstown. Call 301-739-3630.
· Civil War Christmas at Springfield Farm area of Byron Memorial Park, 4 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Free. Visitors can drive through the park and see Confederate and Union re-enactors stationed at fires or stop and talk to re-enactors.
· Smithsburg Home Town Christmas, Saturday, Dec. 15. Breakfast with Santa, 7 to 10 a.m., Smithsburg fire hall. There is a fee for breakfast. Toys of Christmas Past exhibit, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Smithsburg Historical Society Museum, 20 E. Water St. Christmas Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. St. Paul's United Methodist Church on South Main Street. Christmas storytelling at 9 N. Main St., 11 a.m. to noon and 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Free firetruck rides behind fire hall, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m. Free pastries from Hadley Farms 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and free hot chocolate and hot dogs starting at noon - both at Town Square. Parade with Santa, carolers, firetrucks and more through town, 1 to 2 p.m. Santa will greet children at Town Square, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Passport to Smithsburg's Home Town Christmas throughout day with shoppers 18 and older getting passport tags at downtown shops; once they get them all they are eligible to win a drawing (cash prize) at 5:30 p.m. at Town Square. This is when the winners will be announced for house and commercial decorating contest (contest is Friday). Citizens Police Advisory Commission of Smithsburg Christmas party, 5:30 to 8 p.m. at fire hall. Party is free and features pictures with Santa, magic show, crafts, door prizes, gift bags and refreshments. Call 301-824-7635.
· Festival of Lights at Rest Haven Funeral Chapel & Cemetery, Saturday, Dec. 15. 3 p.m. memorial concert in chapel and 9,000 luminaria lit at 4 p.m. 1601 Pennsylvania Ave., Hagerstown. Free. Call 301-733-3575.
· Children's Holiday Reception at Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown's City Park, 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Magician Frank Culler, Santa Claus and two elves. Tickets are $2 per person and must be purchased in advance. Call 301-739-5727.
· Maryland Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Concert, "Home for the Holidays," will feature the Frederick Chorale and soprano Aim Sposato. 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. The Maryland Theatre. Tickets are $20, adults; $12, ages 12 and younger and full-time students. For tickets, call 301-797-4000.
· Frederick Flute Choir performs "The Night Before Christmas," by Clement Moore. 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. Free. Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown's City Park. Call 301-739-5727.
· Night of Lights in Hagerstown, beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. Neighborhoods to be "strung together" through series of luminarias lining city's sidewalks. To participate, call 301-739-8577, ext. 191.
· Breakfast with Santa, 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Company's special events building, 12323 Big Springs Road. Santa arrives via fire engine at 9 a.m. There is a fee.
· Williamsport Community Band holiday concert, 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, Williamsport High School auditorium. Free.