· Hagerstown Choral Arts will perform George Handel's "Messiah." 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. The Maryland Theatre, 21 S. Potomac St., downtown Hagerstown. Tickets are $18 to $22. Call 301-790-3500.
· Antietam National Battlefield's memorial illumination honors the battle's casualties by placing more than 23,000 luminarias on the battlefield. Drive through the park 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday, Dec. 1. Rain date is Dec. 8. Free. Call 301-432-5124 or go to www.nps.gov/anti.
· Bailey Institute's 35th Tree Trimming Party, 6 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, Dec. 1, at 12608 Sedgwick Way, Hagerstown. Black-tie affair benefits John R. Marsh Cancer Center. Wassailing, caroling, tasting of South African wines, holiday and gift items for sale, violin and guitar concert, gourmet dinner, dancing to rock, blues and eclectic music. $60 per person. RSVP by Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 301-733-9003.
· Holiday Happenings at City Farmers Market, Hagerstown. 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays, Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22. Holiday music on Dec. 1 and 8. Holiday arts and crafts for children Dec. 15. Santa and elf visit Dec. 22.
· Tree of Lights, 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, main lobby of Washington County Hospital. Reception follows. Fundraiser benefits Total Rehab Care's pediatric rehabilitation services. Buy a light in honor of or in memory of a loved one or friend for the hospital's Tree of Lights. Single lights cost $10 to $50. Call 301-790-8143.
· Williamsport's Christmas Parade, Sunday, Dec. 2, starts about 4 p.m. near Springfield Middle School. Santa leads the parade down Sunset Avenue, Conococheague Street and Potomac Street to Byron Memorial Park. Following the parade will be the lighting of the park's Christmas lights. Lights stay on until Jan. 1.
· Pet photos with Santa at Valley Mall, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, and Tuesday, Dec. 4. Halfway.
· The Miller House will be decorated for the holidays by local garden clubs with the theme "Christmas Traditions." 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays to Sundays from Wednesday, Dec. 5, through Saturday, Dec. 29; closed Dec. 26. $5, adults; $3, seniors and students; free for ages 16 and younger. 135 W. Washington St., Hagerstown. Call 301-797-8782.
· Christmas in the Square, Sharpsburg. Sharpsburg Elementary School students will decorate the town Christmas tree at Town Square with homemade ornaments and decorations from 8:30 a.m. to early afternoon, Thursday, Dec. 6. Santa will be present.
· Olde Tyme Christmas in Funkstown will be Friday, Dec. 7. Christmas Parade, 7 p.m. from Monument of the Soldier west on Baltimore Street to the fire hall. Activities at Town Hall from 6 to 9 p.m., including E. Russell Hicks Middle School band members performing. Craft show at fire hall, 6 to 9 p.m. Hot roast beef open-faced sandwich dinner starts at 5 p.m. at fire hall, $6. Hayrides from Town Hall, start times range from 6 to 8:45 p.m., cost $3; $2, ages 11 and younger. For more information, call Rose at 301-739-4212.
· Boonsboro's Old Tyme Christmas is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. Shafer Memorial Park. Lighting of town tree, luminaria, small parade ending at park includes Santa arriving on a firetruck. Call Town Hall at 301-432-5141.
· Christmas Dinner and carol singalong hosted by HCC's SGA, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. HCC's College Center. Free and open to public. Reservations required; call 301-790-2800, ext. 225.
· Hagerstown Ballet performs "The Nutcracker" at Antietam Ballet Theatre, 104 S. Mechanic St., Sharpsburg. 7:30 p.m. Fridays, Dec. 7 and 14, and Saturdays, Dec. 8 and 15; and 3 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 9 and 16. Tickets are $15. Call 301-432-8993.