A Hagerstown woman was homeless Wednesday after a fire Tuesday night destroyed her home on Crystal Falls Drive.
Firefighters responded to the fire at 9932 Crystal Falls Drive at 11:32 p.m. Tuesday after someone passing by noticed the fire and called 911, fire marshal Ed Ernst said Wednesday.
Grace Best, the only person living in the home, was at work when the fire broke out, Ernst said Wednesday afternoon.
No one was injured.
The fire started in the kitchen area of the log-cabin style home that was built in 1900, Ernst said.
Ernst estimated the fire caused $20,000 in damage to the home, which was a total loss, he said.
Best visited the Washington County chapter of the American Red Cross seeking help Wednesday morning, said Mike Mowen, disaster specialist for the chapter.