· Reported Tuesday at 9:48 a.m., a break-in and attempted theft of copper pipe in the 18500 block of Mason-Dixon Road. About $100 worth of damage was done to a window.
· Reported Tuesday at 1:58 p.m., the theft of a cell phone worth $249 from Sprint Express in Valley Mall.
· Reported Wednesday at 12:10 a.m., the theft of a 1994 Ford Mustang from the 13200 block of Woodmont Road. The license plate was Maryland registration 7CBB86.
Home break-in reported in Needmore
NEEDMORE, Pa. ? Someone broke into a home on Black Bear Road on Oct. 15, according to Pennsylvania State Police in McConnellsburg.
The burglar stole an undetermined amount of money and jewelry, police said in a news release.
The break-in occurred between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Warfordsburg teen charged after horse spooked, rider falls
WARFORDSBURG, Pa. ? A 16-year-old Warfordsburg boy was charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly revving his car and spooking a horse, Pennsylvania State Police said.
The incident happened at about 6 p.m. on Monday on Buck Valley Road at Stahle Road, police said in a news release.
A Warfordsburg woman fell from the horse when it was spooked, police said.
Masked man steals smokes from Sheetz
WILLIAMSPORT - A Halloween-masked man who robbed a Sheetz store Monday night and jabbed at the clerk with a knife was still at large Tuesday night, Washington County Sheriff's deputies said.
The man entered the store at 100 E. Potomac St. at 10:45 p.m., walked behind the counter and removed several cartons of cigarettes, deputies said.
When the clerk confronted the man, the robber jabbed at the clerk with a knife before fleeing on foot on Artizan Street. He was last seen running in an alley between Artizan and Conococheague streets.
The clerk was unhurt.
The robber is described as 5 feet 4 inches to 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a thin build and weighing 140 to 150 pounds. He was wearing a skull Halloween mask, black hooded sweat shirt and black pants.
Deputies ask anyone with information on the robbery to call 240-313-2170.
Two men try to rob local cab driver
A Miller's Transportation cab driver was approached Tuesday morning by two men who attempted to rob the man at gunpoint, Hagerstown City Police said.
The driver told police he was sent to the 500 block of George Street for a fare at 4 a.m. When he arrived, one man came up to the driver's window, showed a handgun and demanded money.
The second man opened the passenger door and searched the glove box, police said.
As the robbery was in progress, the driver hit the gas and drove away, police said.
Police ask anyone with information about the incident to call 301-790-3700.
Tractor-trailer crash stalls I-81 traffic
FALLING WATERS, W.Va. - A tractor-trailer hauling hay south on Interstate 81 overturned near the exit for Falling Waters and Marlowe, W.Va., late Tuesday morning, according to police and fire officials.
The accident near Exit 23 was being investigated by the Berkeley County Sheriff's Department, which did not release additional information about the wreck.
Bedington Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Andrew DeHaven said he did not believe the man driving the truck was injured.
At 11:10 a.m., traffic was being channeled into a single lane and then both southbound lanes were shut down for 30 to 40 minutes to allow the wrecked truck to be towed away, DeHaven and officials said. Traffic was backed up to the Maryland state line.
Sheriff's deputies respond to calls
The Washington County Sheriff's Department responded to the following incidents Tuesday, according to Sgt. Roy Harsh:
· At 1:25 a.m., theft from a vehicle was reported in the 200 block of South Conocoheague Street in Williamsport. A generator was taken.
· At 3:02 p.m., breaking and entering was reported in the 100 block of Harvard Road. About $1,400 in cash was taken and damage to a window was reported.
· At 3:28 p.m., theft was reported in the 25000 block of Military Road in Cascade. Someone discovered stolen property in an apartment.
· At 5:45 p.m., theft was reported in the 1200 block of Security Road. Someone stole car parts from a garage.