Advertisement

Hancock man hurt in brush fire

October 19, 2007

HANCOCK ? A 21-year-old man was injured Friday morning when he attempted to light a brush pile with gasoline, the state fire marshal said.

Dustin Jenkins was taken to Washington County Hospital with burns to his upper face and body, according to Maryland State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst. He was later transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center where he was listed in good condition, according to a Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center spokesperson.

Five firefighters responded to the one-alarm fire at 12617 Seavolt Road, but it was under control before they arrived.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|