Advertisement

Two men accidentally burned at Rayloc

October 05, 2007|By ERIN JULIUS

HANCOCK ? Two men were accidentally burned Thursday night at Rayloc Corporation, 100 Rayloc Drive in Hancock, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said.

The men were working around a propane filling station when a propane leak was ignited by a fork truck, Deputy State Fire Marshal Jason M. Mowbray said in a news release. A subsequent flash fire burned two men.

Harry Didawick, 63, suffered second- and third-degree burns to his head, neck, chest and arms, Mowbray said Friday morning.

He was listed in good condition at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center, a hospital spokeswoman said this morning.

Donald R. Stotler, 53, received first-degree burns on his arms, Mowbray said this morning. A hospital spokeswoman was not available to give Stotler's condition this morning.

Both men initially sought treatment at Morgan County War Memorial Hospital in Berkeley Springs. Didawick was later taken to Bayview, Mowbray said this morning.

Advertisement

Rayloc was conducting its internal investigation this morning, said Jay Kirkland, general manager.

"It was indeed an accident, a failure of a piece of equipment that couldn't be predicted," he said.

Rayloc has contacted the authorities, Kirkland said. He would not specify what agencies had been contacted.

His understanding was that the victims' injuries were "relatively minor," Kirkland said.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|