For information and tee times, call 301-733-5152 or go to www.beavercreekcc.com.
Layout: 18 holes, par 72, 6,646 yards.
The county's newest course at 18 years old, Black Rock is one of Maryland's most spectacular public courses.
Greens fees for county residents:
· Nine holes - $16, weekdays; $9 for a cart
· 18 holes - $26, weekdays; $31, weekends; $17 for a cart.
Greens fees for out-of-county residents:
· Nine holes - $18, weekdays; $9 for a cart.
·18 holes - $32, weekdays; $42, weekends; $17 for a cart.
Juniors and seniors:
· 18 holes - $31, weekdays, including cart.
Midday (weekdays after noon):
· 18 holes - $35, including cart.
Midday (weekends after 1 p.m.):
· 18 holes - $38, including cart.
Twilight (after 3 p.m.) - $30, including cart.
Tee times are required one week in advance.
Address: 20025 Mount Aetna Road.
Directions: From Hagerstown, go east on Dual Highway and turn left onto Mount Aetna Road. Course is about one mile on the right.
For information, call 240-313-2816 or go to www.blackrockgolfcourse.com.
Layout: 18 holes, par 71, 6,323 yards.
Cost: Must be a member or a guest of a member to play.
Address: 13316 Fountain Head Road, off Pennsylvania Avenue, north of Hagerstown.
For information, call 301-739-6933 or go to www.fhcc1924.com.
Hagerstown Greens at Hamilton Run
Layout: Nine holes, par 34, 2,554 yards. Course is short and tight. Only one water hazard. One par 5, three par 3s.
· Weekdays - $9 for nine holes, $12 for 18 holes; seniors (62 and older) and juniors (16 and younger), $8 for nine holes, $10 for 18 holes.
· Weekends - $13 for nine or 18 holes
· Twilight (6 p.m. until dusk) - $7.50
Carts: $10 for nine holes, $16 for 18; for seniors, $9.50 for nine holes, $15 for 18.
For frequent golfers, the best deal is to pay $290 for yearly membership for unlimited play, $220 for seniors. A spouse or dependent can be added for $150.
· Walk-ons only, no tee times.
Address: 2 S. Cleveland Ave., at corner of Dual Highway and Cleveland Avenue.
For information, call 301-733-8630.
Layout: 18 holes, par 54, 1,720 yards. The county's only par-3 course.
The course is ideal for beginners and others who want to work on their iron game.
· $10 for nine holes, $12 for 18 holes.
· For seniors (55 and older) and juniors (16 and younger) - $8 for nine holes, $10 for 18 holes.
· Memberships are available for $250 for a single adult, $150 for seniors and $125 for juniors. Family rates also are available.
· No carts. Walk-ons only, no tee times.
Address: 20220 Jefferson Blvd., one mile east of Hagerstown on Md. 64.
For information, call 301-790-2494 or go to www.yinglingsgolfcenter.com.