Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: HeraldMail HomeCollectionsFood

August 2007 restaurant inspections

September 23, 2007

The following food service establishments were inspected by the Washington County Health Department in August 2007 and found to have critical violations that needed to be corrected immediately:

Always Ron's, 29 N. Burhans Blvd., Hagerstown - pasta on salad bar not kept at adequate temperature (discarded); items under fryer and preparation table must be removed (corrected).

Battleview Market, 5331 Sharpsburg Pike, Sharpsburg - soup improperly stored in containers (corrected); light fixture in food preparation area must be cleaned; single serve utensils stored improperly (corrected); bag of breading mix must be sealed to avoid contamination (corrected); floors must be cleaned; inadequate temperature in freezer; thermometers needed in all refrigeration units; food cannot be stored uncovered in refrigerator (corrected).

The Grille at Park Circle, 325 Virginia Ave., Hagerstown - shrimp, fish paste not kept at proper temperature (discarded); thermometers needed in all refrigeration units; microwave needs to be cleaned; microwave is not commercial grade; soap needed at hand sink; cooking equipment, exhaust hoods, floors throughout need to be cleaned; light under hood must be replaced; food cannot be stored uncovered in freezer; damaged tiles must be replaced; damaged spring in refrigerator must be repaired; Formica counter top must be repaired; ice maker door damage must be repaired; ice bags cannot be stored on floor of walk-in; refrigerator leak must be repaired; surfaces must be smooth and cleanable; inadequate air gap at three-compartment sink; excessive cobwebs at side exit door.

Advertisement

Shepherd's Spring Lodge, 16869 Taylor's Landing Road, Sharpsburg - salad bar not maintaining cold enough temperatures (corrected); food cannot be stored on floor of walk-ins (corrected); raw poultry cannot be stored above ready to eat food (corrected); timed faucets not adequate.

Western Maryland Sportsmen's Club Inc., 6504 Dam No. 4 Road, Sharpsburg - dented cans in the kitchen (discarded); dead mouse and dead insects removed from under the cooking line; unlabeled can in cupboard (discarded); chemical test strips must be available; outside trash container must be covered (corrected); appliances must be commercial grade.

···

The following food service establishments were inspected by the Washington County Health Department in August 2007 and found to have sanitation violations which must be corrected within 30 days:

AC&T National Mini Mart, 250 E. Main St., Hancock - exhaust hood needs to be cleaned.

Bridge Restaurant, 2 South U.S. 522, Hancock - soap and paper towels needed in restroom (corrected).

Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, 901 Dual Highway, Hagerstown - vent hood needs light shields; evidence of mice observed in pantry as well as mice feces along floor; dishwasher not maintaining adequate temperature.

Conococheague Grocery, 14845 National Pike, Clear Spring - damaged floor tiles must be repaired; thermometers needed in all refrigeration units; water must be restored to hand sink (corrected); damaged ceiling must be repaired; floor under equipment must be cleaned.

Courtside Cafe, 11400 Robinwood Drive, Hagerstown - missing ceiling tiles must be replaced; light shield must be installed.

Crazy Horse Steakhouse, 116 Railway Lane, Hagerstown - exterior of microwave, floors, exhaust hood filters must be cleaned; microwave must be commercial grade; cutting board must be cleaned; must have covered trash receptacle in restrooms; exhaust vent covers must be cleaned; inadequate temperature in freezer; broken tiles must be replaced; gap at back door must be sealed; inadequate sanitizer in dish machine.

Duffy's on Potomac, 28 S. Potomac St., Hagerstown - lights must be replaced in vent hood (corrected); vent covers and interior of freezer must be cleaned (corrected); inadequate sanitizer level at three-compartment sink; hand sink cannot be blocked (corrected); faucets inadequately timed.

Fahrney-Keedy Home and Village, 8507 Mapleville Road, Boonsboro - can opener must be cleaned; food cannot be kept uncovered in walk-in cooler (corrected); boxes of food cannot be stored on floor of freezer; bathroom vent must be cleaned.

Firehouse Grill, 1 S. Westside Ave., Funkstown - light must be replaced in ventilation hood; inadequate sanitizer level in three-compartment sink (corrected); raw roast beef cannot be stored above ready to eat items in freezer; vent fan covers must be cleaned; inadequate temperature in reach-in freezer.

Florida Ave. Vocational Center, 840 Florida Ave., Hagerstown - tea bags cannot be stored on floor of walk-in (corrected); floors under equipment need to be cleaned.

Four Points Sheraton, 1910 Dual Highway, Hagerstown - vent hood filters and covers must be cleaned (corrected); missing lights on vent hoods must be replaced; ceiling above preparation area must be cleaned; floors under preparation and sink areas must be cleaned; garbage container and grease barrel must be covered; boxes cannot be stored on floor of walk-in (corrected)

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|