In past years, the wait for truck rides ranged from 45 minutes to an hour, Fishack said. The ride around the lot usually lasts five minutes.
And if that's not enough diesel for you, there will be a truck show open to all makes and classes (Fishack said last year's drew 400 entries), the public can tour the newly renovated manufacturing and engineering areas of the factory, and there will be vendors selling toys, models and Mack and Volvo paraphernalia.
New this year is a NASCAR exhibit that will feature race cars, Fishack said.
Money raised will go to three local charities: Potomac Case Management Services Inc. and Star Community Inc., northwest of Hagerstown, and San Mar Children's Home in Boonsboro.
Last year's roundup raised roughly $3,000, Fishack said. Marshall Street School, San Mar Children's Home and the Lions Club received the money.
· 6:30 a.m. - Truck show registration begins. Open to all makes and classes
· 8 a.m. - Opening ceremonies
· 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Drive a truck for a buck
· 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - NASCAR exhibit, model cars and electronic race track for kids
· 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Plant tours
· 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Toy and model show
· 9:30 a.m. - Bulldog contest, open to all English bulldogs. Registration at 8:30.
If you go ...
WHAT: Bulldog Viking Roundup
WHEN: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15. Rain or shine
WHERE: Volvo Powertrain North America, 13302 Pennsylvania Ave., north of Hagerstown
COST: Free admission and parking
MORE: For more information, contact Glenn Fishack by calling 301-573-1028.