· At 2:41 a.m., verbal domestic violence was reported in the 1400 block of Kensington Drive.
· At 8:59 a.m., gas was reported stolen from the AC&T gas station at 301 N. Burhans Blvd.
· At 4:26 p.m., verbal domestic violence was reported in the 1200 block of Pinecrest Ave.
· At 4:59 p.m., a bicycle was found in the 900 block of Noland Drive. It was a black, 26-inch boys' Murray Mountain Scene bicycle.
· At 6:28 p.m., a child sex assault was reported in the first block of East Irvin Avenue.
· At 8:25 p.m., a burglary was reported in the 100 block of South Prospect Street.
· At 9:28 p.m., a lawn mower was reported stolen from 7 S. Mont Valla Ave.
· At 1:48 a.m., domestic violence was reported in the first block of Manor Drive.
2-year-old attacked by pit bull in W.Va.
KEARNEYSVILLE, W.Va.- A 2-year-old girl was flown to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., after she was attacked Wednesday afternoon by a pit bull inside a house at 201 Kearneysville Pike, according to deputies with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.
The dog bit the girl in the head and the dog was "shaking her around," according to deputies B.C. Haynes and Pat Smith.
Another person in the house tried to get the dog away from the child by frightening it with a chair and a third individual stabbed the dog with a knife, Haynes and Smith said.
Family members said the dog had never been vicious before.
The house is near the intersection with W.Va. 9.
The girl is expected to survive, Smith said.
The dog is being kept by Jefferson County Animal Control officials, who want to determine if the dog has rabies, Smith said.
Firefighters battle house fire
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - Firefighters were battling a blaze Wednesday night in an abandoned house on Harranda Court, dispatchers said.
Harranda Court is off Franks Road and Arden Nollville Road.
The fire was reported at 9:50 p.m. and firefighters were on the scene late Wednesday.
Further details were not available.