"Recipe for certain political strife: Tyranny of the majority. If 51 percent of Berkeley County votes for zoning, the other 49 percent will be out for blood. No one can deliberately destroy another's property values without consequence."
? Martinsburg, W.Va.
"I don't know where you people who are living in Williamsport are, that are complaining about Williamsport being so 'trashy'. I live in Williamsport, and from what I see it's not trashy at all. We have a beautiful park, the streets are clean, the people are friendly. Quit being such nitpickers and agitators. If you see a little trash, dispose of it properly."
"A lot of taxpayer money is being spent to buy the development rights of farms which I don't believe would ever have been developed. Why not buy the rights of farms in and around towns and developments instead of out in the country?"
"There's a lot of talk lately in Mail Call about cats, and a lot of people seem to be misinformed. They seem to think it's OK if cats just run loose all over the countryside. Cats are not wild animals. They start out as people's pets. Some people are too lazy to take care of their own pets, and they end up in other people's yard. Many areas have large populations of feral cats, which is basically cats that people have abandoned. Cats that are left outside kill thousands, if not millions, of songbirds every year, and there's no reason for it. As far as the person who's trapping them and taking them to the SPCA, I was doing the same thing, and I'll continue to do it. It's not my fault they have to be put to death. It's the fault of the people who are too irresponsible to take care of their own pets. Cats belong in your house."