Jeffrey Allan Miller, 32, of 675 Broad Lane in Falling Waters, W.Va., still was at large Thursday night, police said.
On Thursday at 12:45 a.m., Sgt. Shannon Armel stopped a 1980 Cadillac DeVille in the 300 block of North Queen Street for driving erratically, police said.
Patrolman Erin Gibbons ordered the driver and passenger out of the car and the driver took off on foot, police said. Gibbons ordered the driver to stop, but instead he turned and pointed a pistol at Gibbons, who then used his Taser, police said.
The man then dropped the pistol and resumed running, police said. The pistol was recovered at the scene.
Anyone with information about Miller's whereabouts may call 304-264-2100 or 304-267-4999.
Deputies respond to calls in county
The Washington County Sheriff's Department responded to the following calls, according to Sgt. Roy Harsh.
· At 8:07 a.m., damage was reported to four tires on a vehicle at Williamsport Retirement Village in the 100 block of North Artizan Street in Williamsport.
· At 12:16 p.m., a wallet was reported stolen at Kmart at 1713 Massey Blvd.
· At 1:37 p.m., a lock was reported cut at Xerxes Corp. at 16404 Elliott Parkway.
· At 4:25 p.m., a gas drive-off was reported at Sheetz at 17550 Virginia Ave. A customer drove away without paying for a $49 tank of gas.
· At 4:47 p.m., a break-in was reported in the 13900 block of Edgemont Road in Smithsburg. A 9 mm handgun and $500 worth of jewelry were reported stolen.
· At 4:59 p.m., malicious destruction of property was reported at the Sharpsburg Volunteer Fire Department at 110 W. Chapline Street in Sharpsburg. Two windows were broken on two vehicles in the parking lot that were waiting to be destroyed.
· At 8:49 p.m., juveniles were reported throwing rocks at houses in the 17800 block of Burnside Avenue, causing some damage.
· At 9:38 p.m., a 20-inch black bicycle was reported stolen from the 16800 block of Longfellow Court. The bicycle was valued at $60.
· At 3:29 a.m., a front door was reported broken at Williamport Auto Care at 301 E. Potomac St. in Williamsport.
Three injured in fiery Pa. 655 crash
NEEDMORE, Pa. - Three men were injured early Wednesday in a three-vehicle accident on Pa. 655 at Thompson Road that began when a car veered into the path of two oncoming vehicles, according to a Pennsylvania State Police press release.
The 6:20 a.m. accident heavily damaged two of the vehicles and caused the third to be destroyed by fire, police said.
Larry Lee Iden, 25, of 205 Herb Road in Warfordsburg, Pa., was driving a 1998 Plymouth Neon when his vehicle crossed the center line and struck a 2001 Ford F-150 pickup truck driven by Katherine Harvey, 65, of 8700 Thompson Road in Needmore, police said.
Iden's vehicle then continued and struck a 2000 Ford Expedition driven by Marshall Eugene Brown Jr., 39, of 161 Reitober Lane in Needmore, police said.
The Expedition went into a driveway, where it burst into flames as Brown was crawling out of the vehicle, police said.
Iden initially was taken to Washington County Hospital, but later was transferred to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.
His condition was unavailable Thursday night.
No information was available on the whereabouts or conditions of the other two drivers, whose injuries were described as moderate.
Pa. woman injured in Thursday crash
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A Shippensburg, Pa., woman was injured early Thursday when her 1999 Subaru Outback went off Roxbury Road and struck an embankment, according to a Pennsylvania State Police press release.
Hollynn Walker, 40, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol as a result of the investigation of the 12:23 a.m. accident, police said.