Following is a list of 10 bridges that Maryland state officials plans to inspect, including three in Washington County. The bridges have a design similar to that of the Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed in Minnesota. The first four bridges are maintained by the Maryland Transportation Authority and the last six are maintained by the Maryland State Highway Administration.
· The Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Portions of the two spans will be inspected. The east and west spans of the bridge count for two of the four bridges under the MdTA that will be inspected.
· Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge, which crossed the Susquehanna River on U.S. 40 between Havre de Grace and Perryville in northeast Maryland.
· Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge on I-95 over the Susquehanna River at Havre de Grace.
· U.S. 522 over the Potomac River in Washington County.
· U.S. 340 over the Potomac in Washington County.