GETTYSBURG, Pa. - The class will provide an introduction to working with acrylics. Students will mix colors, experiment with the handling of brushes and the palette knife, and work with the thinness and thickness of paint. Instructor is Dorothea Barrick. 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 16. Imagination Station, 18 Carlisle St. To register, call Adams County Arts Council at 717-334-5006 or go to www.adamscountyartscouncil.org.
Saturday, Aug. 11
Personal trainer certification
FREDERICK, Md. - The two-day workshop includes demonstrations and practical application of one-on-one training. Workshop registration includes, written exam, two-year certificate and membership. 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, and Sunday, Aug. 12. William Talley Recreation Center, 121 N. Bentz St. To register, call 800-AEROBIC or go to www.netafit.org.
Washington County Museum of Fine arts will offer the following classes:
· Mixed Media Studio for ages 8 to 14- Students will discover their artistic gifts in this mixed media workshop. The course will introduce basic skills in three ares of concentration: pastel, pen and ink and watercolor. Instructor is Mike Gouker. 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7, through Friday, Aug. 10. $60 nonmembers; $54 members.
· WILD! Acrylic Workshop for Kids ages 10 to 13 - Students will learn about color theory, paint handling and composition. Instructor is Kent Roberts. 1 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, through Friday, Aug. 17. $50 nonmembers, $45 members.
· Pop Art: LOVE and a Soup Can for ages 7 to 12 - Students will examine works of art from this era and will produce two paintings in this unique style with a modern approach. Instructor is Chris Copley. 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays, Aug. 11 and 18. $40 nonmembers, $35 members.
· WILD! Acrylic Workshop for adults and teens - The workshop is designed for beginners who want to conquer their fear of painting and for more experienced painters who are stuck on a style. Instructor is Kent Roberts. 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, through Friday, Aug. 17. $60 nonmembers, $54 members.
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts will offer a classes during September, October, November and December. Registration is required for all classes. For information, call 301-739-5727.
For adults and teenagers:
· Exploring Watercolor Studio - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 28, to Oct. 2. Instructor is Bob Wantz.
· Exploring Watercolor Workshop - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays Aug. 29 to Oct. 3. Instructor is Bob Wantz.
· Beginner's Watercolor Workshop - 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1. Instructor is Bob Wantz.
· Painting Water in Watercolor - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 4 through Oct. 16. No class Oct. 2. Instructor Kent Roberts.
· Painting with Oils - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 5 through Oct. 24. Instructor is Ski Holm.
· Hand Building with Clay -10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 6, through Oct. 18. Instructor is Jane Pingleton-Evans.
· Beginning Drawing Studio - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 6 to Oct. 11.
· Foundations in Calligraphy - The Uncial Hand - 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 25 through Nov. 6. No class Oct. 9. Instructor is Christine Tischer.
· Creative Writing Workshop -10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, through Nov. 3. Instructor is Hope Maxwell-Snyder.
· Hand Building with Clay -10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Nov. 1, through Dec. 20. Instructor is Jane Pingleton-Evans.
· Mixed Media Studio -6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Nov. 1 through Dec. 13. No class Nov. 22. Instructor is Mike Gouker.
· Exploring Watercolor Studio - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Nov. 6 through Dec. 18. No class Nov. 20. Instructor is Bob Wantz.
· Exploring Watercolor Studio - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Nov. 7 through Dec. 19. No class Nov. 21. Instructor is Bob Wantz.