Former football standout charged in robbery

July 16, 2007|From staff reports

A former Greencastle-Antrim High School football player was one of three men charged in connection with a home invasion robbery in Harrisburg, Pa., last week, police said.

Michael Jemison, 24, of 419 Horton St., Philadelphia, and two other men were charged with robbery, burglary, aggravated assault, conspiracy, theft, reckless endangerment and unlawful restraint, according to a Susquehanna Township Police Department press release.

Police said they received a call at about midnight on Wednesday from a man reporting that someone broke into his home in an apartment complex and might have shot his girlfriend.

Police said they learned that three men had broken in, held a woman on the ground and forced a man onto the balcony after hitting him in the head with a gun. The man jumped off the balcony to call police, the news release says.


Officers from the Penbrook and Paxtang police departments helped Susquehanna Police seal off the apartment complex, the news release says.

An officer with Penbrook Police stopped a vehicle with two men later identified as two of the intruders.

An officer with Paxtang Police stopped a man on foot who was later identified as the third intruder.

Susquehanna Police said that near the crime scene, they found a bag containing a .45-caliber pistol and a .25-caliber pistol.

They also reported finding a New York Giants football identification and team apparel, which might be tied to Jemison.

The Giants signed Jemison as a running back in May 2005 and released him in September 2006, according to ESPN's Web site.

The New York Dragons of the Arena Football League signed Jemison in November 2006, the Dragons' Web site says, but he was not listed on the team roster on Saturday.

Jemison is a 2001 graduate of Greencastle-Antrim.

Jemison and the other two suspects - Jai-Michael Hudson, 23, of Penbrook, Pa., and Lashawn Sanders, 20, whose address was not known - were sent to the Dauphin County Prison in place of $200,000 bail, the news release says.

- Andrew Schotz

The Herald-Mail Articles