Advertisement

Fire reported

May 05, 2007|By PEPPER BALLARD

A fire was reported at the United Cerebral Palsy Center late Friday. About 20 firefighters from Funkstown, Halfway and Hagerstown responded to the fire, which was reported about 10:45 p.m., Funkstown Fire Department Lt. Chris Lundberg said.

The fire was caused by an electrical failure in the sprinkler system motor, Lundberg said.

Maryland Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said there only was smoke in the building. The sprinkler system will need to be inspected before the center opens Monday, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|