Following are some tips designed to help people continue to enjoy gardening as they age.
· Check with a doctor before performing any physical exercise.
· Stretch and warm up to loosen muscles and joints.
· Work during a time of day when stiffness is less of a problem.
· Plant low-maintenance plants that require less care.
· Wear gloves to cushion hands from tools.
· Pace yourself.
· Weed a little, water a little, transplant a little, walk a little.
· Use sunblock because some arthritis medicines cause sensitivity to sun.
· Use larger muscles to do the work.