Advertisement

Fire destroys mobile home

March 19, 2007

A family was displaced by a fire that destroyed a mobile home early Sunday, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said.

No one was hurt in the blaze at 13725 Pennsylvania Ave., Lot 9, which was reported at 12:40 a.m.

The fire caused about $20,000 in damage to the mobile home, which is owned by Laurie Smith, the Fire Marshal said.

Thirty-eight firefighters from the Maugansville, Longmeadow, Greencastle, Pa., and Leitersburg fire departments needed 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. It was caused by an electrical failure of wiring supporting an outlet and a portable electrical heater, the Fire Marshal said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|