Washington County Museum of Fine Arts will offer the following classes:
· Ceramics by hand for adults and teens - Instructor Jane Pingleton-Evans. Learn the basic techniques of ceramic hand building: pinch, coil and slab while you create unique works of art in clay. Clay and firing is provided. No experience is necessary. 1 to 4 p.m. Fridays, Jan. 19 to Feb. 23. $80 nonmembers, $72 members, $10 materials fee.
· Art for toddlers: Express yourself for ages 2 and 3 - Instructor Allison Weaver. By using their fingers, hands and feet, children will discover all kinds of ways to create great art. A parent or adult, 18 years or older, is required to stay and participate along with the registered child. Fridays, Jan. 19 through Feb. 23. $50 nonmembers; $45 members.
· Young at art for ages 4 to 6 - Instructor Kathryn Lant. 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 24 through Feb. 28. $50 nonmembers, $45 members.
· Calligraphy workshop for adults and teens - Instructor Christine Tischer. 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 25 through March 1. $70 nonmembers, $63 members.
· Young at art for ages 4 to 6 - Instructor Kathryn Lant. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. or 2 to 3 p.m. Saturdays Jan. 27 through Feb. 17. $40 nonmembers, $35 members.
For information, call Washington County Museum of Fine Art at 301-739-5727.
Basic acrylic painting
GETTYSBURG, Pa. - Artist and teacher Dorothea Barrick will teach beginning acrylic painting. A supply list will be sent out prior to the first class.1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays through Feb. 1. Imagination Station, 18 Carlisle St., across from Majestic Theater. $105; $95 members. To register, call 717-334-5006, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or go toadamscountyartscouncil.org.
Saturday, Jan. 13
Robert T. Savidge will teach a cartoon class with pencils and color pencils. Limited to 12 students. Open to all ages. 1 to 2 p.m. Saturdays, Jan. 13, 20 and 27. Contemporary School of the Arts & Gallery, 4 W. Franklin St., Hagerstown. Advance is required. Free. Call 301-791-6191, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.csagi.org.
Valentine-themed arts class
Diane Hamilton will present a Valentine themed craft arts class for ages 5 to 14. Limited to 12 students. 11 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Jan. 13, Jan. 27 and Feb. 10. Contemporary School of the Arts & Gallery, 4 W. Franklin St., Hagerstown. Advance registration is required. Call 301-791-6191, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.csagi.org.
Monday, Jan. 15
SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. - Weekly music instruction is designed for children through adults and taught by Shepherd University faculty. All classes begin the week of Jan. 15. Registration fee is $25; weekly fees vary depending upon instructor. Students may study woodwinds, brass, percussion, piano, voice, guitar, bass guitar, strings (violin, viola, cello or bass), theory or jazz improvisation. Contact Anne Munro at 304-876-5555 ore-mail email@example.com. Go to www.shepherd.edu/musicweb.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
Musical Discovery Classes
SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. -Classes are designed for preschool and kindergarten students. Classes are on Tuesday or Friday mornings. $160 per student for 16 weeks. Go to www.shepherd.edu/musicweb. Contact Anne Munro at 304-876-5555 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to www.shepherd.edu/musicweb.
Saturday, Jan. 20
FREDERICK, Md. - A workshop designed to assist living history presenters and re-enactors develop a more accurate impression, improve representations of material culture and enhance research techniques. 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E. Patrick St. Limited to the first 40 applicants. $50 per person. Call 301-695-1864 to register.
Thursday, Jan. 25
Drawing class for teens
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - Terah Hoover will help students sharpen drawing skills, improve observation and try new techniques. 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. The Arts Centre, 300 W. King St. $30 for seven weeks; or $5 per week. To register e-mail email@example.com or go to www.theartcentre.org.
SATURDAY, JAN. 27
Students will learn how to show off those great photographs and personalize a greeting card. For ages 8 and older. 10 a.m. to noon. Participants may attend on either Jan. 27, Feb. 17 or March 10. Washington County Recreation Department's conference room at Hagerstown Community College's ARCC, Robinwood Drive, Hagerstown. $5 for each class; $7 materials fee. For information or to register, call 240-313-2812.