Advertisement

Teen killed in fire

December 27, 2006|by PEPPER BALLARD

FREDERICK, Md. - A 15-year-old boy was killed Saturday night in a Frederick town house fire that allegedly was set by his autistic twin brother, according to a press release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Jerrell Williamson was killed when the fire broke out Saturday at 11:23 p.m. in the second-floor bedroom that the autistic twins shared at 6734 Sandpiper Court in Frederick, according to the release.

Jerrell's twin brother, Joshua Williamson; their mother, Carolyn Stone; and her boyfriend, Raymond Pullian, escaped the blaze, according to the release.

Fire marshals said Joshua Williamson had a history of setting fires, and they determined he ignited his own bed with a lighter.

Advertisement

When the fire broke out, Pullian was downstairs watching television, and the twins and Stone were in their rooms on the second floor, according to the release.

Pullian ran upstairs when the smoke alarm went off and tried to save Jerrell, but Pullian was forced to run out of the house. Joshua and Stone already had escaped, according to the release.

Jerrell was found in a second-floor bathroom and was taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the release.

Fire marshals believe Jerrell died from smoke inhalation, but an autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death, according to the release.

Fifty Frederick firefighters took 30 minutes to control the fire at the two-story, wood-frame structure, according to the release.

The fire caused $75,000 in damages to the home, according to the release.

The fire did not affect neighboring homes, according to the release.

Family relatives are helping the displaced family, according to the release.

The town house was built before the state mandated in 1992 that all newly constructed town homes have residential fire sprinklers, fire marshals said.

One firefighter was treated at Frederick Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation and later was released, according to fire marshals.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|