Advertisement

Fire caused by cigarette

December 14, 2006

LAPPANS - A fire at a Lappans Road home this morning was caused by a cigarette, Maryland Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said.

Ernst said the 7:29 a.m. reported fire at 18036 Lappans Road started in the bedroom of the single family split foyer house.

He said a woman had been smoking in the room and the cigarette ignited the blaze, which was contained to the bedroom.

He said damage was estimated at $10,000. The bedroom sustained the most damage and the rest of the house smelled like smoke.

Advertisement

About 25 firefighters from Fairplay, Williamsport, Halfway and Funkstown knocked down the fire in about 10 minutes, he said.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|