Advertisement

Information on Web fixes most connection problems

December 13, 2006|by PEPPER BALLARD

Troubleshooting information posted on Web sites for Antietam Cable and MyACTV have helped some high-speed Internet customers eliminate connection problems, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Antietam Cable upgraded its provisioning platform - the "nerve center" of the MyACTV High-Speed Internet Service - at 4 a.m. Friday, and most customers had normal service by 8 a.m. that day, according to Cindy Garland, director of marketing for Antietam Cable.

Some customers, the numbers of which she could not provide, were still experiencing problems with their connections Tuesday, she said.

Garland said customers accessing and using troubleshooting information posted at www.antietamcable.com and at www.myactv.net have been able to resolve their connection issues.

"A very small subset of people are experiencing these problems ... for 80 percent of them, this fixes it," Garland said. "For the other 20 percent, call us."

Advertisement

The majority of problems are related to secure Web site access, she said, while the minority of problems are related to modem issues.

For the troubleshooting information, go to www.myactv.net and click on "MyACTV network status" on the left-hand corner of the page.

On the next page, click on "Update: For Solution Details," which will bring you to a page that outlines troubleshooting information for either Windows or Mac users.

The same information can be obtained from the Antietam Cable Web site. On the home page, click on Internet Upgrade, which brings up MyACTV directions.

Garland said anyone experiencing problems with cable Internet service should call Antietam Cable at 301-797-5000.

She said customers may also call for technical support at 240-420-4355.

Antietam Cable is owned by Schurz Communications Inc., which also owns The Herald-Mail Co.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|