Advertisement

Fire damages apartments

November 20, 2006

BOONSBORO - An electrical malfunction triggered a fire Sunday that damaged two downtown Boonsboro apartments, a Boonsboro fire official said.

According to Capt. Keith Abrecht of the First Hose Co. of Boonsboro, about 40 firefighters responded Sunday afternoon to 2 S. Main St., where a fire caused about $45,000 in damages to Apt. 3 and minor smoke and charring damage to a second unit.

No one was hurt, Abrecht said.

Abrecht said power was turned off to the building's four apartments, and tenants likely would need another place to stay Sunday night.

According to a Washington County Emergency Services dispatcher, the fire was reported at 12:36 p.m. Abrecht said units from Boonsboro, Sharpsburg, Middletown, Md., Myersville, Md., Rohrersville and Jefferson County, W.Va., left the scene at about 3 p.m.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|