More than $9.9 million in bonds can be issued and sold by the City of Hagerstown to complete 21 projects, including improving the Edgewood Drive/Dual Highway intersection, widening Eastern Boulevard and doing streetscape improvements along Jonathan Street, City Council members unanimously voted Tuesday.
Council members voted on the ordinance without discussing it.
According to a written copy of the 15-page ordinance, the bonds can be issued "in one or more series from time to time," but cannot exceed $9,965,000.
As well as the Edgewood Drive, Eastern Boulevard and Jonathan Street projects, proceeds from the sale would be used for the following:
· To complete annual repaving projects
· For public works vehicles and equipment
· For heating and air conditioning at Market House
· To resurface City Pool
· To renovate the lab at the police department
· To improve the grandstands at the fairgrounds