Advertisement

Dryer smokes up rod and gun club

October 28, 2006

HANCOCK - A fire reported Friday night at the Woodmont Rod & Gun Club turned out to be smoke coming from a dryer, said Ernest Truax, chief of the Hancock Fire Co.

Truax said firefighters found heavy smoke. The dryer was running and clothes were in it, he said.

Firefighters stayed at the scene for about an hour.

The Woodmont Rod & Gun Club, near Hancock, is a lodge known for the U.S. presidents and other celebrities who have used it.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|