· Form a criminal interdiction unit to identify and target drug traffickers and terrorist threats. Members of the unit would undergo additional training.
Expand the K-9 unit, and include K-9s and dog handlers in the interdiction unit.
· Identify courses of actions in case of a terrorist attack.
· Establish a traffic unit that would dedicate its time to investigating major accidents and enforcing speed in the areas where serious accidents have occurred.
· Develop a 10-year plan to determine the Sheriff's Department's needs.
· Offer awareness programs to the public on subjects including domestic violence, drugs and gangs.
· Provide riot gear and TASERs to deputies who work in the Washington County Detention Center and transport inmates.
· Secure grants to buy in-car computers that communicate with local, state and federal agencies for all squad vehicles.