The victim was using a machine in the Medical Court store's game room at about 1:20 a.m. when a man approached him from behind and grabbed money from his hands, police said.
A struggle ensued and the victim sustained injuries to his face and his upper torso which appeared consistent with stab wounds, according to the release.
The victim's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The assailant is described as a white man in his mid-20s, according to the release. The assailant has short black hair, a medium build and stands about 5 feet 10 inches tall, police said.
A woman who was seen in a blue vehicle with the assailant is described as a white woman with long brown hair and a slim build, according to the release.
Police ask anyone with information about the incident to call them at 304-264-2100.
Sheriff's deputies respond to calls
The Washington County Sheriff's Department responded to the following calls, Sgt. Roy Harsh said:
· At 11 p.m., at Chocolate Park Liquors, a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am was reported stolen in the 14400 block of MacFee Hill Road in Cascade. The car had Pennsylvania registration GHA5471.
· At 4:21 p.m., a 2005 Kawasaki VRX motorcycle was reported stolen from the 3500 block of Limekiln Road. The motorcycle had been sitting outside with a "for sale" sign posted.
· At 10:43 p.m., a gas drive-off was reported at the I Mart Mobil, 18403 Maugans Ave. A white truck with red stripes drove off without paying for $23.09 worth of gas.
· At 9:28 a.m., a 1994 blue Saturn was reported stolen from the parking lot of Milestone Gardens Apartments in Williamsport. The car had Maryland registration LDM 398.
· At 12:54 p.m., a tire was reported slashed on a vehicle parked in the 13800 block of Rockdale Road. One tire was valued at $265.
· At 5:33 a.m., a stack of 2-by-4 lumber was reported taken from the dock area of Clean Air Inc., 10522 Governor Lane Blvd. The lumber was valued at $300.
Teen charged in area school fire
JEFFERSON, Md. - A 16-year-old is charged with arson after a fire at The Jefferson School caused damage to a couch and a recreational room.
According to a Maryland State Fire Marshal press release, 10 firefighters from Jefferson responded to the fire at 8:15 p.m. Monday. They were able to control the fire, which caused about $2,500 in damages, in 15 minutes. No one was injured.
According to its Web site, The Jefferson School is a residential and day-treatment center for youths with emotional disturbances and other learning and emotional disabilities.
One person dead in Frederick crash
FREDERICK, Md. - A person was pronounced dead at the scene of a single-vehicle crash Wednesday in Frederick, the Frederick Police Department said.
According to a press release, the investigation into the accident at 3:24 p.m. in the 500 block of Highland Street was continuing Wednesday evening. The vehicle struck a light pole and a utility pole.
The victim's name was not released.
Hagerstown man faces gun charges
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - A 23-year-old Hagerstown man out on bond on drug charges was arrested after Martinsburg police said they discovered a gun under his seat in a vehicle that appeared to have been in an accident.
According to a press release, Kasey Troy Carey, who also is known as Kasey Grantham, of 510 Lynne Haven Drive, was found to be in possession of a loaded 9-mm pistol when police investigated a vehicle at 2:40 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Woodbury and Grazier streets. The vehicle appeared to have damage from striking a tree and a street sign at the intersection.
Charlie Chouck, 24, of 1311 S. Raleigh St. in Martinsburg, was charged with driving under the influence, police said.
Carey, who was out on bond for possession with intent to distribute cocaine within the last week, has felony convictions that prohibit him from legally possessing firearms, police said.
Sheriff's Department seeing help solving theft
BRUNSWICK, Md. - The Frederick County Sheriff's Department is seeking the public's assistance in solving the theft of cash from a Subway restaurant in Brunswick, Md.
According to a press release, surveillance photos show one suspect leaving the restaurant after a failed attempt to open the cash register. A second suspect is seen stealing cash from the drawer and fleeing the restaurant on foot. The theft happened shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Anyone with information about the incident may call police at 301-600-1732.