Skating isn't the only thing going on Saturday. Other activities include wine tasting and a deck party for adults and a children's area at the park during the day.
For the full schedule, visit www.inthestreet.info.
· 9:15 a.m. - Steeplechasers Mile. Race has seven levels of competition and staggered starts. Registration from 8 to 9:30 a.m. at the YMCA on North Market Street. Awards ceremony at 11 a.m. on Church Street.
· 11 a.m. - Parade. Begins at Gov. Thomas Johnson High School and continues down Market Street to Church Street, then to Bentz Street.
· Noon to 5 p.m. - "The Main Event," various activities in Carroll Creek Linear Park and along Market Street from Seventh Street to All Saints Street. Stage locations and lineups include:
· Cultural performances. International Block, south side of Carroll Creek Linear Park. Noon to 5 p.m.
· Dancers, various genres. Art Block, Along Market Street between Patrick and Church Streets.
· Noon to 5 p.m. Rock, zydeco and roots rock music. Carroll Creek Stage, Carroll Creek Linear Park. Noon to 4:30 p.m.
· Country music. Second Street Stage. Noon to 4:30 p.m.
· Swing, rockabilly and bluegrass, and swing dancers. 3rd Street Stage. 12:30 to 5 p.m.
· Bluegrass, blues and rock. Fifth Street Stage. Noon to 4:30 p.m.
· Emo, rock and R&B. Sixth Street Stage. 12:30 to 5 p.m.
· 5 to 9 p.m. - First Saturday Gallery Walk - Into the Night. Activities include hayrides, live music, square dancing, crafts, outdoor movies, food and more.
· 5:30 to 9 p.m. - On the Deck party, at the top floor of the Carroll Creek Linear Park Parking Deck. With live music, beer, wine and refreshments. $10 cover. 21 or older admitted with valid ID.
If you go ...
WHAT: In the Street, a community festival in downtown Frederick, Md.
WHEN: 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 7
WHERE: Downtown Frederick: Market Street from All Saints to Seventh Street and along the Carroll Creek Linear Park.
COST: Free admission. Fees for some activities.
MORE: For more information, call the City of Frederick, 301-694-CITY, or go to www.inthestreet.info.