The individual who correctly names the most products will win.
If there's a tie, one winner will be drawn randomly from those who qualify.
Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29. Mail your answers with your full name, address and daytime phone number to Lifestyle ingredients contest, P.O. Box 439, Hagerstown, MD 21741, or bring your answers to 100 Summit Ave. in Hagerstown, or send your answers via e-mail to email@example.com.
A photograph of and interview with the winner, along with the correct answers, will be published in an upcoming Food section.
The 10 items contain the following:
1. Water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural lemon and lime flavors with other natural flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, yellow 5.
2. Sugar; modified food starch; almonds; contains less than 2 percent of pistachio nuts; artificial flavor; salt; disodium phosphate and tetrasodium pyrophosphate (for thickening); mono- and diglycerides (prevent foaming); yellow 5; blue 1; yellow 6; artificial color; BHA, TBHQ and citric acid (preservatives).
3. Celery salt (salt, celery seed), spices - including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay (Laurel) leaves, cloves, allspice (pimento), ginger, mace, cardamom and cinnamon - and paprika.
4. Tomatoes (dehydrated), maltodextrin, sugar, modified potato starch, croutons (wheat flour, palm oil, salt, yeast, calcium propionate, rosemary extracts), salt, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, monosodium glutamate, onion powder, sodium pyrophosphate, garlic powder, chives (dehydrated), lactose (milk), citric acid, sodium caseinate, natural flavors and red No. 40.
5. Lemon juice from concentrate (water, concentrated lemon juice), sodium benzoate, sodium metabisulfite and sodium sulfite (preservatives) and lemon oil.
6. Water, potatoes, chick peas, tomatoes, onions, sunflower oil, salt, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, coriander, chilies, cumin, herbs and spices.
7. Whole wheat, soybean oil, maltodextrin, salt, monoglycerides, rosemary, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), onion powder, spices, olive oil, spice extracts and natural flavor.
8. Water, strawberries, sugar, carob bean gum, natural flavors, guar gum, citric acid, color (beet juice extract, turmeric color) and ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
9. Mashed potatoes 70 percent (water, dehydrated potatoes), potato starch, wheat flour, dehydrated powdered spinach, salt, spices, flavorings, dusted with rice flour, lactic acid and potassium sorbate (as a preservative).
10. Beef, mechanically separated chicken, water, salt, corn syrup, dextrose, flavorings, spice, paprika, hydrolyzed corn gluten, soy and wheat gluten proteins, sodium nitrite and lactic acid starter culture.