Second man charged in woman's slaying

August 11, 2006|by ERIN JULIUS

HAGERSTOWN - A second man has been charged in the July 31 shooting death of a 20-year-old Hagerstown woman in the first block of East Franklin Street.

Raheen Edwin, 31, is charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder, attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault, two counts of second-degree assault, robbery, having a handgun in a vehicle, using a handgun in a felony, handgun on person and malicious destruction of property valued under $500.

Edwin, who might be known as "Dallas" or "Ra," is described as a black male about 5 feet 8 inches tall and 190 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He might have his head shaved, Lt. Michael King said.

Police do not know where Edwin is living, but they know he has ties to New York, King said.

King said that Edwin had "active involvement" in the homicide and that he and Demetrius Pierre McDaniels are "equally responsible" for the death of Trisiviah Rodriguez.


McDaniels, 27, of 1052 D Noland Drive, is being held without bond on murder charges.

Court documents show that Edwin was charged in 2002 with felony theft and agreed to a statement of facts involving misdemeanor theft after customers saw him take a large amount of perfumes and lotions from Victoria's Secret at Valley Mall.

His address is listed as 133 Legion St., Brooklyn, N.Y., in court documents.

Court records show that Edwin was considered a flight risk and violated the terms of his $75,000 bond. He was sentenced to 91 days in jail.

In September 2005, Edwin was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, theft of property valued greater than $500, unlawfully taking a motor vehicle and traffic offenses, according to court documents. He was arrested at Jonathan and Bethel streets driving a stolen rented 2006 Chrysler, records show.

He pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and entered an Alford plea to driving on a suspended license.

Under an Alford plea, a defendant does not admit guilt but acknowledges that the prosecution has sufficient evidence to gain a conviction.

Edwin was sentenced to 150 days in prison for the two counts, and one year of unsupervised probation was to begin Jan. 30, 2006, documents show.

Records show that after his release from jail, Edwin was to live at 13 N. Locust St., Apt. 3, in Hagerstown.

Police said a cash reward is being offered for information that leads to Edwin's arrest.

The Herald-Mail Articles