Court briefs

August 09, 2006|by DON AINES

Hearing waived in robbery case

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - One of two men charged in an Aug. 1 home-invasion robbery waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday in Franklin County Central Court.

Kyle Gordon, 18, of 4350 Pine Drive, Mercersburg, Pa., is charged with robbery, burglary, attempted theft, aggravated assault and simple assault, according to court records. He was scheduled for mandatory arraignment Sept. 20 in Franklin County Court.

Pennsylvania State Police said two men dressed in dark clothes and wearing ski masks knocked on the door of the home of David Jencks, 34, of 2085 Fort Loudon Road, Mercersburg, at about 10:45 p.m. One man was armed with a rifle and the other with a knife, police said.

The men forced their way into Jencks' home, knocking him to the floor, and he was struck with the butt of the rifle, police said. The men demanded cash, police said.


Jencks got up and pushed the man with the knife into the one holding the rifle and forced them out of the house, police said.

Police later charged Gordon and Gerard Davis, 19, of 305 N. Potomac St., with the holdup. Davis' preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 15.

Attempted rape hearing delayed

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - The preliminary hearing for a North Carolina man charged with attempting to rape a Waynesboro, Pa., woman last month was continued Tuesday in Franklin County Central Court.

Tyler D. Oberholzer, 20, of Wilmington, N.C., is charged with attempted rape, indecent assault, indecent exposure, unlawful restraint, criminal trespass and intimidation of a witness, according to court records. His hearing was rescheduled for Aug. 15.

Washington Township police said the incident occurred July 8 when a man walked into the Gehr Road home of the victim without her permission. The woman told police he began talking to her about other women and then asked her to have sex with him, according to the affidavit of probable cause.

When she refused, the man dropped his pants, grabbed her, carried her into a bedroom and attempted to have sexual intercourse with her.

"If you call the cops, I will kill you," the man said to the woman, according to the affidavit.

The woman was able to get free, fled the apartment partially clothed and called police, the affidavit stated.

The Herald-Mail Articles