The Washington County Board of Social Services also has elected the following officers for 2006-07:
· Ellen Robertson Hayes, chairwoman. She is employed as supervisor of Human Resources and Teacher Staffing at the Washington County Board of Education.
· Roland F. Smith, vice chairman. He retired as president and CEO of Jamison Door Co. in 1996.
· Spence Perry, secretary. He retired from a career as an attorney with the federal government.
Tyler-Donegan Real Estate Services
URBANA, Md. - Samantha Servey has joined Tyler-Donegan Real Estate Services Inc. as a transaction manager for Julian A. Coiner.
Servey has more than 18 years of experience in marketing, business development and communications, and formerly owned a small business.
A graduate of Hood College, Servey has lived and worked in Frederick County for 15 years.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Ladetra Robinson has joined Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage as a sales associate with the Hagerstown office.
Robinson is the newest agent licensed in Maryland.
Paul Ridenour, Correctional Officer captain on the 8-4 shift, has been named Supervisor of the Quarter at the Maryland Correctional Institution-Hagerstown.
In addition to his regular shift responsibilities as a captain, Ridenour is the Unit No. 4 manager, the operations supervisor and has taken the lead in the institution's honor guard.
· Charles Chaney, Correctional Officer II and Rufus Sine, Correctional Officer II on the 5-1 Shift, were named Employees of the Month at MCI.
Chaney was recognized for performing life-saving procedures on an inmate he found unconscious in the shower. After checking the inmate's vital signs, Chaney determined the inmate was not breathing and had no pulse, and began administering CPR.
During the escort of the inmate to the MCI-H hospital, he again went into cardiac arrest. Sine assisted Chaney in administering CPR. The specialized skills and knowledge these officers have of first aid saved the life of the inmate, according to a prepared release.
Jack Gaughen Realtor ERA
GREENCASTLE, Pa. - Karen Starr and Kim Hykes of Jack Gaughen Realtor ERA were recognized as agents for May in the Greencastle office.
Starr was recognized in the three years and over business category, and Hykes was recognized in the three years and under business category.
The award is based on the number of listings taken, sales made and attendance at Realtor functions and continuing education classes completed.
Geo-Technology Associates Inc.
FREDERICK, Md. - Jeffrey D. Castonguay has been hired as construction observation & testing (COT) project manager for Geo-Technology Associates Inc., a mid-Atlantic geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting firm.
Castonguay will join GTA at its Frederick office. His current responsibility will be as the COT service leader for the office, with typical duties to include coordination of daily activities for all field personnel, supervision of materials testing and field observation services for site development and construction.
Castonguay also will perform corporate tasks that include assisting in the development of a laboratory Quality System Manual, and in-house equipment calibrations. He also will maintain the Radiation Safety Program with GTA.
Castonguay has more than 15 years of experience in the construction engineering industry, and has managed his own small business.
Synergy Healing Arts Center
BLUE RIDGE SUMMIT, Pa. - Synergy Healing Arts Center and Massage School announced that the following people recently passed the national certification for therapeutic massage and bodywork:
· Helen Fanton of Waynesboro, Pa.
· Rachel Rhoderick, Siona Escoto and Clice Maenner, all of Frederick, Md.
Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
The following were appointed as officers to the board of directors of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants:
· Tamara Bensky, CPA, Myers & Stauffer, LC, Towson, Md., chairwoman.
· Thomas D. Foard, CPA, Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Towson, vice chairman.
· Arthur E. Flach, CPA, managing partner, Grant Thornton, LLP, Baltimore, secretary/treasurer.
· Lou E. Satchell, CPA, CBIZ Beatty Satchell Business Services, Easton, Md., immediate past chairman.
· Newly appointed to the board were Mitchell E. Gorochow, CPA, RSM McGladrey, Baltimore; and Raymond C. Speciale Esq., CPA, Mount St. Mary's University, Emmitsburg, Md.