BERKELEY SPRINGS, W.Va. - This weekend's Berkeley Springs Studio Tour features the works of 27 artists at 19 studios in the Berkeley Springs area.
The list of studios and directions to their locations is available at the Berkeley Springs visitors center, 127 Fairfax St.; the Ice House Co-op Gallery at Independence and Mercer streets; or online at www.berkeleyspringsstudiotour.org.
During the tour, artists will answer questions and demonstrate their crafts.
The artwork includes sculpture, glasswork, precious metal jewelry, basket weaving, textile art, bookbinding, an old-fashioned letter press operation, weaving, quilting, mosaic art, pottery, ceramics and Sumi-e painting.
These Berkeley Springs studios are among the ones on the tour:
- Savitri's Garden (Leslie Betz) - fountains, garden sculpture and functional pottery. 436 Harrison Ave., 1-304-258-2175.
- Frog Valley Artisans & Frog Valley Forge (Veronica Wilson, Angela Matthews & Mark Schwenk) - forged iron and metal sculpture, Tiffany-style stained glass, pottery, ceramics, and fused glass. 82 Powerline Lane, 1-304-258-3541.
- Fiesta Fibers (Jane Frenke and Rika Bennet) - quilting and a fabric-and-design print studio. 250 Johnson's Mill Road, 1-304-258-4582.
- Heath Studio Gallery (Jan Heath and Jonathan Heath) - paintings, limited edition prints, monoprints and linocuts. 327 N. Washington St., 1-304-258-9840.
- Magic Mountain Studios (Richard Kaufman) - Sumi-e paintings. R3 Bobcat Drive, 1-304-258-6633.
If you go ...
WHAT: Berkeley Springs Studio Tour