Advertisement

Morning house fire is ruled accidental

April 28, 2006|by PEPPER BALLARD

WILLIAMSPORT - A fire Thursday morning caused about $60,000 in damage to a home near Williamsport.

The fire at 16842 Edward Doub Road - a one-story single-family home - was reported about 8:20 a.m., the Maryland State Fire Marshal said in a written release.

The home is owned by Helen Gesford, officials said.

It took about 15 minutes to control the blaze, which caused $50,000 in damage to the structure and $10,000 in damage to its contents.

The fire started in the living room and was ruled accidental - caused by combustibles near an electric space heater, the fire marshal said.

Advertisement

The Washington County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting Gesford, the release states.

About 25 firefighters from Halfway, Williamsport, Funkstown and Maugansville controlled the blaze in 15 minutes.

There were no reported injuries.

The fire was discovered by an occupant in the living room of the home, the fire marshal said.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|