Advertisement

Fire damages home on Edward Doub Road

April 27, 2006|by PEPPER BALLARD

WILLIAMSPORT - A fire was reported at 8:20 a.m. at 16842 Edward Doub Road near Williamsport today, a Washington County 911 dispatcher said.

The fire was in a one-story single-family home, owned by Helen Gesford, according to a news release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

It took about 15 minutes to control the blaze, which caused $50,000 in damage to the structure and $10,000 in damage to its contents.

The fire started in the living room and was ruled accidental - caused by combustibles near an electric space heater, the release states.

Advertisement

The Washington County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting Gesford, the release states.

About 25 firefighters from Halfway, Williamsport, Funkstown and Maugansville were still on the scene by 10 a.m., according to the release and a firefighter at The Volunteer Fire Company of Halfway who was answering the phones this morning.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|