Two sentenced for conspiracy to commit armed robbery

April 07, 2006|by PEPPER BALLARD

A young man and young woman each were ordered on probation Thursday after they pleaded guilty in Washington County Circuit Court to conspiracy to commit armed robbery for their involvement in a Nov. 11, 2005, crime.

Joshua Kenneth Mose, 19, and Kristen Louise Showe, 21, were ordered by Circuit Judge Frederick C. Wright III to suspended 10-year prison sentences with credit for the time they served at the Washington County Detention Center.

Both were ordered to serve five years of probation, the first two years of which were ordered supervised.

According to charging documents, Showe, Mose and Bryan Davis were on the porch of a house in the 12800 block of Pectonville Road at about 10:20 a.m. when the homeowner came outside to see what was going on.

The group asked the homeowner for directions to Interstate 70, but before he could answer, Davis allegedly demanded money and struck him on the head with a "blue metal pipe," court documents state. Mose and Showe ran after the weapon was displayed, their attorneys said Thursday.


Showe's attorney, Wiley Rutledge, told Wright that the group thought the homeowner had "a pound of marijuana" and intended to distract him by asking for directions, then steal the marijuana.

Showe, whose last known address before her arrest was 239 Kestrel Dr. in Falling Waters, W.Va., told Wright, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."

Mose, whose last known address before his arrest was 13704 Blairs Valley Road in Clear Spring, apologized, too.

"I was hanging out with the wrong crowd. I messed up," he said.

Davis, 19, pleaded guilty in Circuit Court on March 28 to attempted armed robbery in connection with the incident, documents state. Davis, whose last known address was 39 S. Martin St. in Clear Spring, was also given credit for time served at the county jail, but was ordered to serve five years in prison, court records state. He was ordered to serve 10 years, five of which were suspended, records state.

Davis was ordered to serve three years of unsupervised probation upon his release, according to court documents.

The Herald-Mail Articles