WILLIAMSPORT - A barn filled with 200 bales of hay was destroyed Tuesday night in a fire that burned for several hours.
The barn, on a farm at 11917 Snug Harbor Lane in Williamsport, caught fire when a spark ignited flammable liquid in a neighboring work shed, Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said. The blaze caused $100,000 in damage to the barn and its contents.
The farm, which includes a home and several buildings, is behind the KOA Campground.
Ernst said someone in the work shed was working on a tractor, which caused a spark.
At least 60 firefighters still were working to extinguish the fire hours after it was reported about 7 p.m.
There were no reported injuries.
Williamsport Volunteer Fire Co. Deputy Chief Fred Cole said the first firefighters on the scene saw the barn fully involved in flames. Because the wooden pole barn was filled with baled hay, he said the fire was difficult to extinguish.