Advertisement

Stove blamed for fire at apartment on Robinwood Drive

February 25, 2006

Heat from an unattended stove apparently caused a Robinwood Drive apartment fire on Thursday night, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

Heat ignited nearby paper products, including mail and a book, Deputy State Fire Marshal Ed Ernst said.

Thirty-two firefighters from four companies responded, the fire marshal's office said in a news release.

The fire happened at about 10:50 p.m. at 11517 Robinwood Drive, which is part of Foxwood Apartments.

A neighbor discovered the fire, which was controlled by a sprinkler that activated, the fire marshal's office said.

The news release says the fire caused about $8,000 in damage to the apartment and about $2,000 in damage to its contents.

Daniel Burton lives at the apartment, according to the fire marshal's office.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|