The City of Hagerstown is planning to resurface five roads in the summer of 2006 and five more the following summer, according to a plan shown to the mayor and Hagerstown City Council on Tuesday.
The 2006 projects are:
- Frederick Street from East Memorial Boulevard to Willow Circle
- North Prospect Street from Pennsylvania Avenue to Church Street
- Virginia Avenue from West Howard Street to Park Circle
- West Wilson Boulevard from South Potomac Street to Summit Avenue
- Oak Hill Avenue from the CSX railroad tracks to Northern Avenue
The 2007 projects are:
- Northern Avenue from Fountain Head Road to Potomac Avenue
- Westside Avenue from West Franklin Street to Salem Avenue
- North Locust Street from East Washington Street to Broadway
- East Antietam Street from South Cannon Avenue to South Cleveland Avenue
- Mitchell Avenue from Salem Avenue to North Burhans Boulevard
City Engineer Rodney Tissue said the expected cost is $425,000 for the 2006 work and $275,000 for the 2007 work.
Typically, the city spends $250,000 to $300,000 a year on resurfacing, he wrote in a memo.