FREDERICK, Md.. - Five Frederick County, Md., high school seniors and one alternate have been selected to serve as pages for the Maryland General Assembly 2006 legislative session. They are:
- Jarrell Cook, Frederick High School - A City Education Commission participant, honor roll student and Advanced Placement scholar with honors, Jarrell also earned achievement on the Preliminary SAT. He served as an intern at the Office of the State's Attorney and is employed at Sears.
- Lauren Greber, Governor Thomas Johnson High School - A National Honor Society member and Advanced Placement Scholar, Lauren earned honorable mention from the Maryland Distinguished Scholar program. She is Young Democrats president and holds debate honors. He also participated in an Appalachian Service Project and as Grace Community Church audio-visual technician.
- Jessica Moss, Tuscarora High School - Ranking first in her class, Jessica is an AP Scholar and National Honor Society parliamentarian. She is yearbook senior editor and past editor-in-chief of the school newspaper. She is co-captain of the academic team and has acted in drama productions. Jessica's community service activities include scouting, assisting at day camp, Interact Club activities and drama performances for charity. She works at Starbucks.
- Erin Warner, Catoctin High School - An honor roll student throughout high school and a National Honor Society member, Erin also earned the "shining spirit" and "most accomplished team member" awards for cheerleading, a varsity letter for lacrosse and was named her school's junior student scholar. She is the 2005 Frederick County Association of Student Councils president. She hosts "Student Voice" on cable Channel 18.
- Kyle Wichtendahl, Brunswick High School - Brunswick High School historian for the National Honor Society, Kyle is completing eight Advanced Placement courses. He is on the Mock Trial and school academic teams and active in drama productions. Kyle has worked for the National Park Service in the Youth Conservation Corps at Monocacy Battlefield, is a life scout and a founding member of the Point of Rocks Community Historical Society.
- Courtney Sylvester, Urbana High School will serve as an alternate. A National Honor Society member, Courtney is on her school's academic and Fed Challenge teams and a member of the Latin Club.